Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weekly Magic Update - April 10th, 2016



Another week has gone by my magic friends and we are on the brink of exploring a new Standard with Shadows over Innistrad finally having been released! My box has not come in yet but I'm hoping it will show up sometime this week. I'll be sure to post some of the more notable pulls I get!

So what's been going on in the world of Magic the Gathering you may ask? Well, with SOI finally released I participated in the first SOI Standard this past Friday and ended up going 2-1 with my redone Eldrazi Ramp which can be seen below:


I feel like this deck is probably not well suited in this Standard as it still suffers the same issues it always has is if you don't have a good opening hand, good luck even winning. I know that can be said with a lot of decks but I've felt this is even more so with Eldrazi Ramp. Some decks you can handle having a mediocre hand but if your hand is mediocre in Ramp good luck.

So the next deck I have built is Red Eldrazi beatdown which I plan on doing a deck tech very shortly. Which I haven't done one of those in awhile eh?

So then we proceeded to draft and below is the decklist I drafted:


I ended up going 2-1 and getting third place. I lost to a similar drafted deck, oh well though. I can say I thoroughly enjoyed drafting Shadows over Innistrad compared to BFZ or OGW. OGW and BFZ felt like very straight forward formats to draft where SOI so far has a lot of fun limited mechanics with delirium and madness and clues makes it for a fun draft environment. I saw someone try and draft a UB clue deck and even though he didn't do well he had a ton of fun playing it at least.

Pictured below is the rare I got from my prize pack:

A photo posted by @zubatron on

I'm also working on grinding packs in Magic Duels and I'm messing around with some new AI decks to help grind gold. It seems they have made a lot of changes to the starter decks so my mono red goblin deck I used to grind gold with is no longer good. So now I'm experimenting with some new decks to grind faster and more efficient. Once I find something good I'll be sure to post it and write about it!

That's all for now! Have a great one everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment