Thursday, April 7, 2016

Weekly Magic Update - April 7th, 2016


So it has been a crazy couple of weeks for me personally. If you heard episode 14 of my podcast you'd understand why. Work has been getting in the way of life a lot lately! Including Magic! How rude right? Why should real life responsibilities get in the way of my spell slinging? But alas, I have to be a responsible adult and do what I must.

I've decided to make a change to how the weekly updates go. Instead of separating from weekly updates into Modern and Standard I'm going to combine them into one weekly update. This will not only help me since I've become so busy lately but I am also going to be talking about deck brews I may be thinking of writing up or cool new cards coming up as well. So we shall see how it goes in the future!

So what has been going on in the world of MTG for me? Not a whole lot honestly. I haven't had a chance to go to Modern Monday's past few weeks and I did go to the last Standard FNM this past friday but went 1-2 with Eldrazi Ramp. I had just gotten done with a 20 hour work day and didn't care that much how I did. Then it was Shadows over Innistrad Prerelease.

These were the two best pulls I felt I had in the night:




Ended up not even using either card instead I built this sweet Green/White Werewolf/Human deck which did pretty decently and what I mean by that was I went 2-0 in the first round and then dropped cause I was exhausted. This was the Midnight Pre-release. I can't do those anymore, I'm getting too old for this shit. Here's the deck I put together for Pre-release:

Other than that, I ordered a box of Shadows over Innistrad which should arrive next week hopefully so I'll be sure to post my pulls for that as well. I've also come up with my first Standard deck list for the new SOI standard. It's just Eldrazi Ramp pretty much and it may be the deck I take to the PPTQ I plan on attending on April 23rd. It can be seen below:


So what else has been going on before we end this week's update? Not a whole lot of nothing. I did a bit of tweaking to my Nin and Oloro EDH decks. Been feeling the itch to play a bit of EDH lately so I've tried to slide in some new cards here and there. I've also slowly begun the torturous process of organizing my cards again.....for the 1000th time. They haven't been organized since Battle for Zendikar came out so it's due. 

That's about it for me and hope you enjoyed reading it, I shall be back again next week with some more MTG tales to tell! Have a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment