Monday, January 25, 2016

The intro to Zuby

For the past few weeks I've been wanting to start a blog to contribute to the MTG community. I've been wracking my brain about what I could do to contribute. Write some deck guides? Experiences at tournaments? I feel we have so many of those already and it wouldn't do much. I just want to be able to give something back but I'm still unsure of what exactly.

A little about me. I've been playing Magic since Urza's Destiny came out and one of my favorite cards I remember pulling was a foil Pattern of Rebirth.



I played until Mercadian Masques and didn't come back until Kamigawa came out. Then I stopped playing until Innistrad came out and have not stopped playing ever since. It wasn't until when Theros came out that I decided to venture out to a LGS and play at a FNM. You see, growing up we didn't have game stores. I bought my magic cards from a guy who sold baseball cards and Magic was just a tiny shelf. It was the only place to buy it in my town from what I remember. At first I was just primarily interested in draft and had tons of fun doing so. Having won a few drafts, a friend of mine started getting me interested in standard. I didn't start standard until M15 came out and I was immediately hooked. Now having survived my first real rotation (When RTR rotated, I invested very little into that set), I've begun to look at Modern and even some Legacy.

So now here I am. I've only ever done one huge tournament and did terribly at it. I play plenty at FNM and my goal each time is to learn to play better and really learn from my mistakes. I've come a long way since then. That brings me back to what I've been asking myself, what can I do to contribute?

Sure I can write some deck techs and run downs on some tournaments/FNMs. Heck maybe I'll get creative again and start bringing homebrews to standard FNM and write about how they went. Who knows, but I would like to keep this going if I can. I can't say when I will post as my life is pretty chaotic and busy. If you read this, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment