Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Weekly Standard Update - February 23rd, 2016




Another week, another Standard update and another FNM gone by. This past FNM I played my Eldrazi Ramp again and with much success again I managed to get 2nd place after splitting in the final round. I ran the same list but after the night was over I updated my list in preparation for the PPTQ I went to on Saturday February 20th.

The list I ran Saturday is below:


As you can tell it's a big improvement over what I had. When test playing with World Breaker that card just put in it's work over and over again. So how did I do in the PPTQ?

You can listen to my Podcast Episode below or just read my results to see how I did!

`


FNM Results:

Round 1: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Black/White Tokens - 2-0 WIN

Round 2: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Mardu Green - 2-0 WIN

Round 3: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Red/White Aggro - 2-1 WIN

Round 4: Split

Final Results: 3-0-1

Place: 2nd Place


PPTQ Results:

Round 1: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Grixis Dragons - 2-0 WIN

Round 2: Eldrazi Ramp vs. 4 Color Rally - 1-2 LOST

Round 3: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Atarka Red - 2-1 WIN

Round 4: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Atarka Landfall - 0-2 LOST

Round 5: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Mardu Green - 1-2 LOST

Round 6: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Mardu Green - 1-2 LOST

Final Results: 2-4

Place: 34th Place


Lessons Learned:

Follow my gut instinct. Listen to it more. I have a problem with keeping hands that are sub-optimal and I need to stop that especially when I go on a losing streak. Trust my feelings more! Thanks for listening and reading! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment