Monday, March 28, 2016

Weekly Standard Update - March 28th, 2016



Another week, another FNM gone by! This week I decided to take my Eldrazi Ramp for a spin again! Listed below is the decklist so let's get on with the tournament results!


 

Round 1: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Esper Control 1-1 DRAW

Round 2: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Midrange Landfall 2-1 WIN

Round 3: Eldrazi Ramp vs. Esper Control 2-0 WIN

Round 4: Eldrazi Ramp vs. BR Dragons 1-2 LOST

So game 3 of Round 4 was basically a non game. My opening hand in game 3 was 6 lands and a Nissa's Pilgrimage. Yuck! Had to mulligan down to 4 cause the next set of hands consisted of no lands! It was a blow out but it happens. It's what Magic is all about right?

In other news, Shadows over Innistrad prerelease is this weekend! Woot! Who else is excited? I know I am!

I'm also getting excited for redoing my Eldrazi Ramp deck, here are my thoughts of what I will be adding and replacing:


                   
                       Rattleclaw Mystic                    change to                         Leaf Gilder

Since Rattleclaw Mystic is going away I figured the next best Manadork we have available to us right now. I've seen Hedron Crawler being used but that just doesn't work out for me since the majority of my deck is Green and I already have plenty of access to colorless mana. So Leaf Gilder is a shoo-in here.


                         
                        Wooded Foothills                     change to                       Game Trail

For this change I'm thinking not using a whole 4-of Game Trail but instead maybe go to 2-3. If I go down to 2 I will add 1 more forest and 1 more mountain, If I go 3-of then just 1 more forest. The rest of my mana base should be fine.


                       
                 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon                 change to                     Chandra, Flamecaller


With Ugin leaving our next best choice is Chandra. While the board wipe isn't the same quality as Ugin's, it is something. We'll just have to see how this pans out.

So there you have it. I'm not sure on sideboard changes yet due to not being sure what we'll see. I will be sure to post results on how this new ramp deck does and if it is worthy to take to the next PPTQ I'm attending which is on April 23rd!

Thanks for reading everyone!



              


No comments:

Post a Comment